Inhalt des Dokuments
Bachelor and Master Theses
Bachelor and Master theses are both academic theses and therefore require to carefully investigate research questions for a certain period of time. From our experience, a topic is particularly suitable if the research questions match the candidate's interests as well as our research interests. We believe that finding a topic is a process and actually an inherent part of conducting research. That said, if you are interested to write your thesis in our group, check out our research areas  and get in touch.
For an initial consultation, please contact: florian.tschorsch<at>tu-berlin.de
We expect that undergraduate students preparing a Bachelor thesis show a strong interest in topics related to our research and teaching. Graduate students preparing a Master thesis should have substantial knowledge in at least one sub-field of computer networking, security, or privacy and they should have prior experience with research methodology.
The first step towards a thesis is to write a research proposal. The proposal is a short description of your topic (3-4 pages). It should contain the following information:
- the research question(s), and how they will be addressed, including the planned approach and method
- prior research that has been done on the topic, including references to academic literature
- how the results of the research will be evaluated
- some non-trivial milestones, divided in mandatory for the success of the thesis and desirable but optional
- a discussion of risks, if necessary